kids love it off the beaten path online tickets
Including the largest collection of Mediterranean fish and sea creatures, L’Aquarium Barcelona features hundreds of species from all around the world, making it one of the best aquariums in Europe.
- Book your tickets online for maximum convenience
- Get acquainted with the Mediterranean’s marine fauna in one of the largest aquariums in Europe
- Bull sharks, mantas, eels, and hundreds of other species make it a great place for kids
Tickets & Prices
The Barcelona Aquarium has three types of tickets: Adults, Children, and young children, which go from most to least expensive respectively.
|Choose your ticket:||Price|
|Aquarium Tickets||€20,00 - €7,00|
|Aquarium Shark Cage Diving||€150,00|
What to see and do
The Barcelona Aquarium is one of the top things to do with kids in Barcelona (not to say you can’t go without them!). There is much to see, but these are some of the highlights:
An eighty metre underwater tunnel through the aquarium’s main tank. Walking from one end to the other, you will feel as though you are immersed in the ocean, looking up at sharks and dozens of species of fish.
The Underwater Ecosystems
Each ecosystem is designed specially to accommodate the species that call it home. From anemones to coral reefs to algae, there are fourteen in total, striving to give visitors real insight into what goes on beneath the waves.
The Tropical Aquariums
The tropical aquariums are often the favorite of children, where they can see schools of multi-colored fish swim and mingle with the bright coral reefs. There are seven total tropical aquariums, including one dedicated just to the sharks that inhabit tropical climates.
The Penguin Habitat
Not all the Aquarium’s tanks are home to fish, there’s also a Humboldt Penguin habitat, where you can watch them waddle along on land in typical clumsy penguin fashion — and dart through the water with grace and speed.
L’Aquarium’s Shark Experience lets you get up close and personal with the sharks. If you have a diving license you can swim in the shark tank with the caretakers, and for those that don’t you can still go under water inside a shark cage. A memorable experience you’ll carry with you for life.
Did you know that: (3 Interesting Facts!)
- The Aquarium is host to over 1100 animals, representing 450 species
- The main tank, home to the Aquarium’s famous bull sharks, holds 5 million liters of seawater
- Mediterranean, tropical, polar, sweet and salt water, and abyssal depths are all represented in its multiple ecosystem tanks
Map & Address (Location)
- L’Aquarium Barcelona Tickets
- Address: Moll d'Espanya del Port Vell, s/n, 08039 Barcelona
- GPS coördinates:
41°22' 37" N 2°11' 4" E